Re: TB: IB X TB to get pumila spot into TB's

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: TB: IB X TB to get pumila spot into TB's
  • From: thomas silvers tesilvers@yahoo.com
  • Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 04:15:47 -0700 (PDT)

Chuck Bunnell wrote:
Have you thought about using Zing Me as a parent?  It
sets pods well for me
and has a very prominent pumila spot.

Dave Ferguson wrote:
Looks pretty to me!

Hi Chuck,
Yes, I had read about 'Zing Me' in the Iris Bulletin a
while ago, and was very interested in using it. But I
was unable to find a source for it, that wasn't sold
out, at that time. So I used what I had -- Megglethrop
-- which turned out to be fairly fertile too, and has
a pretty pumila spot (although it's on a bluish/purple
background). I also had a small bunch of Megglethrop X
Codicil seedlings that I had big hopes for; but they
were all very weak growers. I was hoping they'd have
the pumila spot and a dark beard too. They're all gone
now, so this Megglethrop X Double Scoop seedling is
the only IB X TB I've got left from those crossings.

And thanks for the compliment Dave. I think it's
pretty too. But unfortunately I can't say much for its
vigor. Although it has done better than the other IB X
TB's that I grew. That's why I'm trying it as a parent
(with the tough old white NOID I just posted a picture
of). But, I'll post separately on the matter of that

Thanks for the comments guys, Tom

Do You Yahoo!?

Protect your PC from spy ware with award winning anti spy technology. It's

Yahoo! Groups Links