Re: HYB: pigments (was strange brew)

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: HYB: pigments (was strange brew)
  • From: Linda Mann lmann@volfirst.net
  • Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 14:32:31 -0400

Huh uh, not working on color yet <g>

When I say haft markings, I actually meant white areas on the hafts, not
the veins.  What I really want to get rid of is the pale ground color
<behind> the dark haft veins.  Since the whole bloom is so pale
(assuming you mean ic1cfy) blue (not actually an amoena, just looks sort
of that way in the photo), I can't tell whether there is white ground or
not.  I kinda like dark veins on light blooms.  For now.

Not much healthy enough here that I've found so far that has solid
yellow (without white) across the entire haft, and none of the
blues/purples/blacks are fully pigmented, although they come closer than
the yellows.   Zebra stripes are attractive to me on some things, but I
like variety.

If you meant IMMRE, the stinker is sterile both ways, so far.

<Which means, Linda if you are listening, you need to cross your light
                   blue amoena with a flower without haft markings (say
a white self) if
                   you want to remove the yellow haft markings.>

Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8

Protect your PC from spy ware with award winning anti spy technology. It's

Yahoo! Groups Links