Re: Boss Tweed

  • Subject: [PHOTO] Re: [iris-photos] Boss Tweed
  • From: "Pearl Doyle" pdoyle@our-town.com
  • Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 23:10:04 -0500

I can throw another one in the mix that came from an entirely different source. This is one I received in a trade and was suppose to be one from Schreiner's  or Cooley's.  It had lost it's lable. When it opened, I thought I was seeing my "Battlestar/Boss Tweed" again. But closer inspection proved it to be a little more pink.

Hi Linda, Pearl, Randy and all,

Glad I stirred up a little action.  It makes Iris-Photos even more fun than it already is.

I agree that the lighter iris with no lavender (originally labeled as Battlestar) looks like the Boss Tweed both Randy and I grow.  The other one, the darker one is a very interesting color but is not either Battlestar or Boss Tweed.  I'll be watching for an ID by someone.

Jan in Chatsworth

Randy Squires <randysiris@yahoo.com> wrote:
Pearl,
I like your imposter, hang on to that, you'll be able
to ID it.
Very distinct color.

--- Pearl Doyle <pdoyle@our-town.com> wrote:

>and the other one is the imposter.