Re: TB: NOID late bronze (again)

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: TB: NOID late bronze (again)
  • From: Linda Mann lmann@volfirst.net
  • Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 08:10:58 -0400

Thanks Carlos - will check it out.  Sounds like it could be the right
era, although I had thought it might be a little older.  It has the
large blooms, soft texture, and "looseness" of the 70s irises.  While
the beard isn't exactly red, an alcohol soak reveals it is tangerine, so
may look redder in different conditions.

I haven't gotten many suggestions for possible ID, so I am hoping it's
fairly distinctive and will be fairly easy to get a positive ID by
comparing with a purchased plant once somebody recognizes it.

Only clue I have to ID on this one is that it came from a local lady who
used to buy from Schreiners every year.  I think she would always get
their collections.  Unfortunately, she didn't keep track of names.

I've been able to ID most of the other strong ones I got from her over
the years by using old Schreiner catalogs and then comparing with the
'real' thing, but not this one.

Anybody in region 7 know if STRATEGEM usually survives here?

--
Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8

http://us.click.yahoo.com/DHchtC/3FxNAA/yQLSAA/2gGylB/TM