Re: Need the Irisarian's Expertise Please?

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Need the Irisarian's Expertise Please?
  • From: brimmsplace brimmsplace@yahoo.com
  • Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 14:47:17 -0700 (PDT)

Cant't help ya Linda. Beautiful color, but it does look older doesn't it. Bloom season is done at my house. I'm sure someone here will have something for you.

Billy

P.S Shoot me an email about getting together Sunday for the spring meeting and judges training.

Linda Hunt <nakihee@gmail.com> wrote:
I have two iris that are blooming at this time that I don't have ID's for.  Can any one help?
The first is a great Leather like texture deep deep grape purple....almost black.  I am having trouble getting the true color of it with my camera.  Comes out a little more blue than purple.  It is one of the greatest grape colors I've ever seen....almost black in certain lighting.  It has been blooming since the Mid Early Bloomers began and it is still going strong.  The blooms last for 3-4 days before they start showing wear!  It has a large bloom that has a bit of an older shape.  Elongated instead of squat and ruffly.  I love this iris and have used it in crossing because of it's long bloom time and sturdy strong stalks and blooms.  It is very fertile both ways. It has a faint sweet smell.  It has 8-12 blooms per stalk. It is one of those iris that catch your eye froma distance and keeps pulling you back when you look away.  Appreciate any help you guys have!
Linda in Lascassas.

Linda.....Bill..............anybody else in TN....got anything blooming at this time that sounds like this?