Re: Weird IMMORTALITY bloom

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Weird IMMORTALITY bloom
  • From: "Kent Appleberry" appleb@cut.net
  • Date: Mon, 29 May 2006 23:33:57 -0000

You're not the only one with Immortality woes.  I've read of slowness in it
getting going.  It's one of the runtiest of my second-year plants, maybe
because it sent up a bloom stalk soon after it was planted.  It has another
stalk up this year, but after a freeze last night I'm not sure it will bloom

We're downwinders from the Nevada nuclear test sites, so that might explain
some oddities in blooms here.  I'll post a couple one of these days.

Sanpete County, Utah, zone 4/5
freeze last night wiped out almost all the open blooms, at peak

Cheryl Leigh Chamberlin <clc@cherylleigh.com> said:

> This is the last flower on a clump of IMMORTALITY that has been in place
> four or five years, has never rebloomed, has lots of little fans, but sent
> up only three stalks.
> I must be the only gardener on the planet who can't get this to rebloom,
> to add insult to injury, I get a flower with only two standards and falls!
> There *is* a nuclear power plant in my county, but it's way at the other
> end! Honest! It shouldn't affect my garden, although I guess that might
> depend on which way the wind blows.<G>
> Cheryl Leigh
> philly 'burbs, supposedly zone 6

Yahoo! Groups Links