Re: Re: Need Advice on seed pods

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Re: Need Advice on seed pods
  • From: Autmirislvr@aol.com
  • Date: Mon, 29 May 2006 22:27:06 EDT

In a message dated 5/29/2006 7:44:23 P.M. Central Standard Time, nakihee@gmail.com writes:
<<I usually do cut off extra stalk and old buds and just leave the pod intacked, but I have not cut away the bloom or sheath before. >>

Linda, as soon as the pod is strong enough to support itself, strip away all extra plant material from the stalk. . . old blooms, old spath fans, and any old fans that might be clinging to the base of the stalk.  I carry a pair of small scissors in my pocket and cut off the old bloom from the end of the pod.  I'm careful about the spath that supports the pod as it is really easy to knock a pod loose.  Sometimes the spath tissue will be stuck to the pod and the tweezers are good for peeling it loose.

If you don't cross them, you can't  plant them!
Betty W. in South-central KY Zone 6 ---
Bridge In Time Iris Garden@website:
Reblooming Iris - Home Page
iris-photos archives