TB: 'Kupari'

  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos] TB: 'Kupari'
  • From: thomas silvers tesilvers@yahoo.com
  • Date: Tue, 30 May 2006 04:40:47 -0700 (PDT)

I finally have a picture of 'Kupari', the white
pallida that I've used so much in hybridizing -- and
almost lost. Here is the bloom on the rhizome that I
saved from the borers and planted at our new house.
By the way, if you're thinking the form isn't so
great, keep in mind that it's a collection straight
from the wild. And also know that this is one iris
that I would grow for the smell alone -- no matter
what it looked like.
I kept smelling it with closed eyes and trying to
figure out just what that familiar smell was (it
doesn't smell like a typical "grapey" pallida) And now
I know -- to me 'Kupari' smells just like orange tree
blossoms. I don't think I could tell the difference
with my eyes closed.

Do You Yahoo!?

Yahoo! Groups Links