IB: Doll

  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos] IB: Doll
  • From: mahlberg s s_j_mahlberg@yahoo.com
  • Date: Tue, 30 May 2006 20:42:35 -0700 (PDT)

Hello all,
I always am amazed at the "magic" of iris genetics.
Pictured is a small clump of Keppel's IB Doll with two flowers opened.
 I always enjoy seeing how different an iris can be from rhizome to rhizome on the same clump!
Not sure how the picture will show up on your monitor, but these flowers are more towards brown on the edges than pink or faded purple. The identification I have read noting pastel apricot cream plicata, seems accurate enough in person. The base color of the flower is cream. But the ring or edging itself is definitely more faded brown than pink or purple.
I like plicatas, so I'm not complaining. Just trying to give the viewer as accurate of a description as possible without seeing the flower in person.
thanks for looking.
I'll be posting pics of my babies as soon as they open!

steve m. zone 4b

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

JPEG image