Re: Re: gargoyles (was Faerie tricks)

  • Subject: Re: Re: gargoyles (was Faerie tricks)
  • From: "Eleanor Hutchison" <eleanore@mts.net>
  • Date: Tue, 1 May 2007 07:33:04 -0600

Aw, again, I'm very sorry about the rotten weather you had. I know that
right after my iris stop blooming, I look forward to seeing them again.
It's what helps me survive the long winters here. I've had what I consider
pretty high losses some years, but nothing like you've had. I started out
with 25 TB's back in the early 80's and lost most of them the first winter,
all Dykes winners of course. Then, I discovered the dwarfs and medians and
my success rate was much better. I still don't have great success with
TB's, aside from the old Historics.

Surprisingly, I got those gargoyles at a local supermarket. I have about 15
of them, in various sizes, from a few inches tall to a few feet tall.
Overall, there's 100+ statues around my garden.

El

Eleanor Hutchison, MIS & DIS Display Garden
Ste Anne, near Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada Z3