Re: Made my first cross today!

  • Subject: Re: Made my first cross today!
  • From: "Margie Valenzuela" <IrisLady@comcast.net>
  • Date: Tue, 1 May 2007 21:07:35 -0700

Congratulations Billy!   What fun you are going to have!
Usually the first pollen to be applied to the iris is the one that "takes".  But being that bee came by so soon after - - and if your pollen didn't hit that 'sticky' part inside the style arms but the bee's pollen did then yes............ Holy Night just might be the daddy. Fortunately for you - when your seedlings bloom and you get mostly purple - - you'll know that the Daddy is Holy Night.  I also heard that only one of those 2 pollen parents will be the dad.............not both.  However................ I'm not certain of that myself.
~ Margie V.
Oro Valley, AZ.