Re: TB: Grand Canyon Gold - 4-4-4 Factor (2 photos)

  • Subject: Re: TB: Grand Canyon Gold - 4-4-4 Factor (2 photos)
  • From: brimmsplace <brimmsplace@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Wed, 2 May 2007 20:12:27 -0700 (PDT)

You know Margie, on the right iris, the 4-4-4 factor looks perfectly normal.  I could easily get use to it.  Looks perfect with GRAND CANYON GOLD.  Really adds some punch to the flower.

Margie Valenzuela <IrisLady@comcast.net> wrote:
GRAND CANYON GOLD is the first Tall Bearded iris Introduced with the 4-4-4 factor. (that I am aware of). I am introducing it for the first time this year through Nola's Iris Garden. It too is genetic, not weather related.  Year after year it has displayed these qualities for me.  It occurs in the terminal bud about 75 - 80 and/or 90% of the time. It makes for a very well rounded and somewhat larger flower - taking irises to a new level.
First photo is taken from above - - showing part of a 2 years growth of GCG  ....................notice all the 4-4-4 irises.
Below is a close-up of GRAND CANYON GOLD.
Grand Canyon Gold - A Novelty Iris - Terminal bud has the 4-4-4 factor and is perfectly balanced. The top bud only will bloom with the 4-4-4 factor and is consistent on 75-80% of all stalks. M,L.  35" tall.   9-11 buds. Nicely ruffled and a vigorous grower!  Nice branching & unusual coloring too. Note: the warmer the temps get - - the deeper the lavender wash becomes on it's falls as it opens! The cooler the temps are - the falls will likely resemble the standards in it's coloring.  Seedling # SHFOF 02-1.  (Sapphire Hills x Pencil Sketch) x Flights of Fancy.
~ Margie V.
Oro Valley, AZ.

Check out new cars at Yahoo! Autos.

Recent Activity