RE: CULT: watering

Hi Francelle, Eleanor and loic
The mulch you saw around the original iris beds was the only material I had at the time to make borders to keep the soil in, not for water retention. This was removed from all gardens after the first season and all the iris were re dug , divided, sorted , identified and catalogued. The reason why they took so long to plant in the first place was because they arrived unexpectedly and I had to clear the land before I could plant, so it was a matter of clearing some planting some. They sat around in their clumps with their roots in the air and exposed for several months some of them. Yet they still rewarded me. I now use pots to keep the soil in and have added around 200 + new iris over the 3 seasons I have been here. Total not counting very old varieties around 500. Attached is a pic of my iris taken this week. Even though they have relied soully on natural rain fall of which there is little, I believe they are doing ok.

Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Yahoo! News

Kevin Sites