Re: RE:Non-plicata Broken Color seedlings

  • Subject: Re: RE:Non-plicata Broken Color seedlings
  • From: "orders at Sutton's" <orders@suttoniris.com>
  • Date: Thu, 3 May 2007 07:35:56 -0700

Wow you guys know your stuff...should have said no apparent broken color in the background, not plicata.  my apologies.  thank for the input.
btw getting broken colors out of the Prototype line too.

As well as Roundup being in  background of  pod parent, we have Twice Trilling in background of pollen parent Connie Sue, and it is from the pink lines carrying plicata which gave rise to Vanity.

Before being certain that BC seedlings are not of plicata origin it is necessary to do a test cross with a plicata, preferably a clssic plicata.

Every time I have checked out a report of a BC  that is not plicata, I have found plicata genetics.  I think that it is possible for a BC that is not a plicata, but I havn't seen any solid examples yet. A test cross would be needed to be certain.

Chuck Chapman

Checked by AVG Free Edition.

Recent Activity
Visit Your Group