Re: RE:Non-plicata Broken Color seedlings

  • Subject: Re: RE:Non-plicata Broken Color seedlings
  • From: "irischap" <irischapman@aim.com>
  • Date: Fri, 04 May 2007 16:50:38 -0000

I'd love to know more detrails of the BC from Prototype.

I strongly suspect a connection between the Prototype pattern and
plicatas and I'm looking for data.

Chuck Chapman

--- In iris-photos@yahoogroups.com, "orders at Sutton's" <orders@...>
> Wow you guys know your stuff...should have said no apparent broken
color in the background, not plicata. my apologies. thank for the
> Mike
> btw getting broken colors out of the Prototype line too.
> As well as Roundup being in background of pod parent, we have
Twice Trilling in background of pollen parent Connie Sue, and it is
from the pink lines carrying plicata which gave rise to Vanity.
> Before being certain that BC seedlings are not of plicata origin
it is necessary to do a test cross with a plicata, preferably a clssic
> Every time I have checked out a report of a BC that is not
plicata, I have found plicata genetics. I think that it is possible
for a BC that is not a plicata, but I havn't seen any solid examples
yet. A test cross would be needed to be certain.
> Chuck Chapman
> Check Out the new free AIM(R) Mail -- 2 GB of storage and
> Checked by AVG Free Edition.
4/29/2007 6:30 AM

Recent Activity
Visit Your Group