More Afghanistan Iris Shots

  • Subject: More Afghanistan Iris Shots
  • From: iris4u2@comcast.net
  • Date: Fri, 04 May 2007 22:44:03 +0000

A couple more shots from Afghanistan.  Jim is the man kneeling.
Dear Bob,
Jim Randolph here in Afghanistan. As promised, I am sending you some photos of the little garden here - it is doing quite well. We have already had one day that reached 114F so the blooms only last about 3-4 days max. I would guess that 40% of the iris have already bloomed with about 5 new ones to open tomorrow. The soldiers are thrilled with the little garden and I hear comments every day now. Last summer and fall when I was digging and planting I heard mostly words of doubt, but now the doubters are not only believers but also supporters.
I will be leaving here in 4 weeks - returning home for good. Once again thank you for your generosity and help in making this Freedom Garden a reality.
Jim Randolph  jim.randolph@comcast.net (Jim Randolph)

Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Yahoo! News