Re: Re: curioser and curioser

  • Subject: Re: Re: curioser and curioser
  • From: John I Jones <jijones@usjoneses.com>
  • Date: Mon, 7 May 2007 15:15:45 -0700

Search the iris@hort archives for "proliferations"

On May 6, 2007, at 11:05 AM, Autmirislvr@aol.com wrote:

In a message dated 5/6/2007 11:40:04 A.M. Central Daylight Time, donald@eastland.net writes:
<<These fans are putting out on what were frozen bloomstalks.>>
This does raise some interesting questions.
We had a strange report for one of our members last Thursday at a meeting.  Her neighbor swore that she cut off damaged bloom stalks and NEW bloom stalks grew out of the cut stalks on most of her irises.
None of us had seen anything like this.  We thought that she might be seeing new, but late stalks, growing from the same clumps and was confused.  We all agreed that what she described was impossible.  <vbg>
Never say never!
All proliferations I've seen grow lateral roots which take hold once the proliferation is planted.  Might be interesting to try various methods and see what works for you.
Bridge In Time Iris Garden@website:
Reblooming Iris - Home Page
iris-photos archives
iris-talk archives