Re: Sunshine & Snow

  • Subject: Re: Sunshine & Snow
  • From: "irischap" <irischapman@aim.com>
  • Date: Sat, 12 May 2007 02:47:46 -0000

There are some plicatas without anthocyanin, that is yellow dottted on
rims without any of the blue or purple pigments. This iris does not
fit this pattern.
The solid yellow standards with rim of yellow on falls can also
be seen with pink and with orange. It is the typical Joyce Terry
pattern and has nothing to do with plicata genetics.
First Interstate, one of the ancesters, is a typical Joyce Terry
pattern as is Sunshine and Snow

Chuck Chapman

--- In iris-photos@yahoogroups.com, Jan Lauritzen
<janicelauritzen@...> wrote:
> proto-beard stuff is pretty new and probably not mentioned in
catalogs. Might confuse the public.
> As to the plicata - I don't see it listed in the description you
posted. Banded or rimmed, yes, but it doesn't say plic. Of course,
looking at your picture I wouldn't call it "light" yellow. Looks
pretty bright.
> Descriptions can be very deceptive.
> Jan
> Linda Smith <irisgrower@...> wrote:
> I was sure I had this labeled correctly but I
don't see any mention of that proto-beard syndrome.??
> And not sure why it's a plicata?? Is it the rim that makes it a
plicata. That is not mentioned in description, just in their catalog.
> I checked their pix in catalog. It looks same. Am I
misunderstanding plicata. I thought that meant dots, or stripes.??
> (Schreiner, R. 2001), Sdlg. CC 812-1. TB, 37" (94 cm), ML
> "S. light yellow (RHS 14C); F. white, 1/4" gold (13B) rim; beards
golden yellow; heavily laced. First Interstate X T 566-D: (Lady
Madonna x R 297-B: (I 350-1: (Craig #41, unknown, x Breaking Dawn) x I
686-1: (((Lilac Champagne x (Toll Gate x After Dark)) x ((Alpenrose x
Whole Cloth) x Cashmere)) x Breaking Dawn))). Schreiner 2001 "
> The message is ready to be sent with the following file or link
> Sunshine & Snow
> Linda in CW AZ
> ---------------------------------
> Check outnew cars at Yahoo! Autos.