SDB: Plum Twist

Blooming today, first year clump.

PLUM TWIST
• (Tom Johnson, R. 2003), Sdlg. T277A. SDB, 12" (31 cm), ML
• "S. light to medium orchid, darker texture veining; style arms violet blue, edges white, crests orchid; F. medium claret, bluer around beard and paler at edge, darker texture veining, blue dart at end of beard; beards violet blue, brown in throat, light violet blue base; ruffled; pronounced sweet fragrance. Neutron X Jeweler's Art. Mid-America 2004

I didn't get close enough to this one to check out the fragrance . . . I know Sugar Maple is quite fragrant! (it's in the next photo.)

Two photos here. Apparently, the truer color is in the sunlight, but you can see the details of the blue and claret differences in the falls. Quite stunning in the sunlight!

Adam~

JPEG image

JPEG image

100_3214.JPG