Re: Photo: last AB seedling from TSXWR

  • Subject: Re: Photo: last AB seedling from TSXWR
  • From: "Francesca Thoolen" <arilpums@comcast.net>
  • Date: Sat, 19 May 2007 09:37:55 -0700

I imagine that if you have 2 prior generations with pink genes and these have been intercrossed that may influence the beard inheritance. I do not recall if one needs 4 shots of pink or 2 to obtain 'red' beards? I knew it once ... Of course we really have a different situation with the arilbreds in that they are not tetraploids but amphidiploids behaving like 2 diploids side by side, but while going through their various phases of meiosis it is possible that a crossing over could take place ...

Francesca