Help- Conjuration maybe but no horn

  • Subject: Help- Conjuration maybe but no horn
  • From: "Linda Smith" <irisgrower@cableone.net>
  • Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 08:03:19 -0700

I checked several sites and there are pixs w Conjuration that have no horn.  Maybe those people misidentified theirs also. On Daves site there are 12 pixs of Conjuration, about 2 of them have no horns.
Certainly the description says it is to have horns.
  • Any thoughts from anyone on this.?? Do these type of iris sometimes bloom w/o their horns.??

    (Monty Byers, R. 1988), Sdlg. D1-1. TB, 36" (91 cm), M-L
    "S. white, edge lightly infused pale violet blue; F. white, suffusing to deep bright amethyst violet edge; white beard tipped tangerine; fuzzy white horns; ruffled. B-37-10: (Sky Hooks x Condottiere) X Alpine Castle. Moonshine Gardens 1989 HM 1991, AM 1994, Wister 1998, Dykes 1998"
These pixs I took of an iris that we feel was mislabeled, "American Classic," at our show and are still trying to find what it might be.
Any suggestions where to look further if it is not Conjuration.?
Conjuration -maybe- (4
Not America classi
Conjuration -maybe
Conjuration -maybe- (1