RE: HYB: My very first seedling . . .

  • Subject: RE: HYB: My very first seedling . . .
  • From: "FRANCELLE EDWARDS" <fjmjedwards@worldnet.att.net>
  • Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 11:55:05 -0700

Congratulations, Adam.  I can certainly relate to the thrill of seeing the first pretty iris seedling.  I made a total fool of myself over one of my first ones.  In fact, every year I go a little bit crazy over one or two, though I’ve learned how badly they can embarrass me a year or two latter.  Someone said that if he ever lost the thrill of seeing a beautiful seedling open, he would quit hybridizing, because it wouldn’t be fun any more.  I agree.

Francelle Edwards  Glendale, AZ  Zone 9