HYB: Amoena seedling

  • Subject: HYB: Amoena seedling
  • From: thomas silvers <tesilvers@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 04:23:30 -0700 (PDT)

Here's another image of that "clean amoena" that I
posted recently. Hopefully you'll be able to see the
faint blue tint to the falls (those aren't shadows,
even though they look like it). The reverses of the
falls are more noticeably purple/blue.
It's a diploid, and looks like it might still fit into
the MTB class (if it doesn't get too carried away).

The seed parent was a plicata seedling from (KUPARI x
ROSEMARY'S DREAM) and the pollen parent was an amoena
seedling from (KUPARI x Iris suaveolens var.
rubromarginata).

So, I guess this would be a glaciata overlayed by the
amoena from suaveolens. I've also had some plicatas
from this same cross that have that faint amoena
overlay. I also got this same color pattern (glaciata
with faint amoena overlay) from a similar cross
(KUPARI x Iris variegata) X (KUPARI x Iris suaveolens
var. rubromarginata). The seed parent in this case was
a QUAKER LADY look-alike.

Hmmm.... if only I could bounce this off Neil and hear
what he thought. But I'll bet he's enjoying this all anyway.

__._,_.___
Yahoo! News

Entertainment News

The latest on stars,