Re: HYB: A variation on Iris tectorum

  • Subject: Re: HYB: A variation on Iris tectorum
  • From: Jan Lauritzen <janicelauritzen@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 08:23:54 -0700 (PDT)

What a beautiful thing!
I never realized that Iris tectorum was actually a bearded iris.  I have only seen photos of it and from the form, etc. just assumed that it was a beardless.
I am sure that they would probably hate southern Calif. with the long hot dry summers we get here.  Too bad.
Jan in Chatsworth

thomas silvers <tesilvers@yahoo.com> wrote:
One seedling variation of Iris tectorum... with an
"improved" (if you like that sort of thing) full,
flat, overlapping form.
This is from the second generation, from a cross
between the typical blue/purple tectorum and the
smaller-flowered white tectorum.
It has decent branching (for a tectorum) too.

__________________________________________________________Yahoo! oneSearch: Finally, mobile search
that gives answers, not web links.

Try the free Yahoo! Mail Beta.

Give Back