CARRIERS FOR IRIS

  • Subject: CARRIERS FOR IRIS
  • From: CKentR@aol.com
  • Date: Wed, 23 May 2007 07:33:00 EDT

I made these carriers out of 3/4in pvc and they work fine for me. Overall they are about 18x24 and 18x35 with 8in tubes to hold the iris. One carrier holds 17 irises and the other 24. I fill the tube carrier with water and it seeks the same level in all the tubes, don't overfill , just about up halfway in the tubes. I can make out my AIS entry tags in advance and use a small rubber band to attach them to tube matching the correct iris.This saves a lot of time getting them ready for the show. I have a Dodge caravan and both fit nicely in the back  with the third seat removed. Storage is no problem, I just hang them on a nail in my shed. The down side is that a few iris stalks are too large for the tube.So you have a decision to make, one trim the stalk to fit, cut them shorter and call the BB, or find some other means to transport them to the show LOL

See what's free at AOL.com.