Re: HYB: personal favorite

  • Subject: Re: HYB: personal favorite
  • From: "J. Griffin Crump" <jgcrump@cox.net>
  • Date: Wed, 23 May 2007 11:38:00 -0500

Margie  --  I have a pod on HAUNTING, which is a rebloomer,  from 032G2.  Although I have pollinated it and pollinated from it extensively, nothing else has "taken".  As a matter of fact, I've experienced fewer than 5% takes out of the many dozens of crosses I've made so far.  I've never had such a discouraging year.  I can only guess that the weather is the cause.  Varieties which commonly are multiple pod producers are barren this year.  There's a bright spot here and there, but they are few.  --  Griff