PhotoTB:Zunk - unknown Big, Tall Velvety Deep Purple

  • Subject: PhotoTB:Zunk - unknown Big, Tall Velvety Deep Purple
  • From: "Linda Smith" <irisgrower@cableone.net>
  • Date: Fri, 25 May 2007 10:14:23 -0700

Just when I thought just about everything finished, this beauty opened in the "Gyro" row.
But it is not Gyro I don't think b/c beards don't fit. I also  have Swirling Seas, North Pacific Seas, Grand Old Opry and Rosalie and those don't seem to fit either.
The beard is really yellow-orange in throat, and dark blue on tip, w hairs tipped silver or gray. Veining extends to end of beard.
Great substance.
Grand Old Opry comes the closest, but description doesn't say anything about the yellow in throat. And I don't think I'd really call this a soft lavender orchid, yet the pix in cat. looks like the color.

    (D. Meek, R. 1987), Sdlg. 247-1-0. TB, 36" (91 cm), E-M
    Ruffled soft lavender orchid; self beard. Winterscape X Sugartime. D. & J. Gardens 1987
Anyone grow any of these and have a pix to send.???
Or any other iris that sort of looks like this??
It's still blooming now, if more pixs will help I will go take them And work off line w someone that might can help.
  • It's a tough iris to break falls off. I keep trying to get one intact to get a better pix of beard but it just breaks snaps. It's like it is glued w super glue.
Linda in CW AZ
Add FUN to your email - CLICK HERE!

JPEG image

JPEG image