Re: HYB : Seedling Unknown 5-5

  • Subject: Re: HYB : Seedling Unknown 5-5
  • From: Jan Lauritzen <janicelauritzen@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Fri, 25 May 2007 13:28:22 -0700 (PDT)

Looks like another WOW, John.  If you don't keep it, send it my way and I would be glad to.  Especially if it doesn't need much in the way of care and water.
Jan in Chatsworth

John Bruce <jbruce1@cinci.rr.com> wrote:
Well....this was a total surprise. A couple of years ago I dumped some old seedling pots under a window by the side of my house. The area is usually bone dry and in shade for most of the day. One day when weeding I noticed some irises sprounting, and since nothig was intended to go there I left them to grow, figuring I could trash them later. Last fall the fans and rhizomes were huge, and this spring at least 8 of them have bloomed. Most have been average to marginal until this one decided to open up. I think this may be a keeper.....

The fish are biting.

Yahoo! News

Top Stories

Get the current