Re: question for S.A. iris growers

  • Subject: Re: question for S.A. iris growers
  • From: Sterling Okase <sterling_o@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Sat, 26 May 2007 21:06:24 -0700 (PDT)

I have seen similar protrusions on the old Zurbrigg TB
Quivering Flame. There were "feathers" on the base of
the standards. Lloyd Zurbrigg called
them "shingles" when I contacted him about them in an
email several years back. I have no idea if they are
transferable to seedlings but I would guess they
probably are.
Sterling

--- Vicki <jvickic@comcast.net> wrote:

> Hi,
> This iris is one of our seedlings that most often
> has these strange
> projections at the base of the standards. Is this
> something one looks
> for when hybridizing for horned iris? Or is it
> just an anomoly that
> will not be passed on to seedlings?
> Vicki

__________________________________________________________Shape Yahoo! in your own image. Join our Network Research Panel today! http://surveylink.yahoo.com/gmrs/yahoo_panel_invite.asp?a=7