Re: SDB: Flirting Again (RE)

  • Subject: Re: SDB: Flirting Again (RE)
  • From: "Eleanor Hutchison" <eleanore@mts.net>
  • Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 08:56:31 -0600

Morning Loic and all.

I've had Autumn Jester, Blueberry Tart, Forever Blue, What Again, and Grape Cordial for several years.  What Again did rebloom here in its very first year, but hasn't since.  Autumn Jester, Blueberry Tart and Forever Blue rebloom here in Sept.

Autumn Jester reblooms without needing to be moved.  Each year, I pull a piece off the back of both Forever Blue and Blueberry Tart in spring, plant immediately and both rebloom, sometimes the same year.  Forever Blue often reblooms in both July and Sept.  I'll have to try that with other potential rebloomers that I have.  As you can well imagine, I now have at least 7 clumps of FB and BT all over my garden.

Double Your Fun is just new last year, but it's blooming already.

As of yesterday's count, there's 244 different iris now blooming in my garden, mostly still SDB's and MDB's, many with 2 clumps.  It's a wonderful sight, even in all the rain we've been having here over the last 10 days or so.

Eleanor Hutchison, near Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada Z3
MIS & DIS Display Garden