Re: Re: Seedling - AExS1

In a message dated 5/31/2007 11:36:44 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, jijones@usjoneses.com writes:

Interesting pattern.

How many branches does it have? How many buds (flowers)?
How tall is it? How big is the flower (especially in relation to the height  and thickness of the stalk)?
Do the flowers bloom mostly above the foliage?

All things that are important to the garden quality of a particular plant.

I am not asking any of these things to be negative, just to point out some of the other things that are important.

the main stalk had at least 3 branches and a total of 7 flowers so far. The over height from the soil line to the top of the tallest flower was about 24 inches. Each flower was 3 1/2" by 4 1/2". Stalk was thick and required no staking - about 5/8 of an inch in diameter and it has purple based foliage. The lowest flower (base), closet to the soil is about 14 inches from the ground. There is diamond dusting on the standards. There is also thin metallic gold  band on the edge of the standard petals very close to the beard and the haft area.  On the second day when the flower opened the diamond dusting was more apparent on all of the three seedlings.
I have larger pictures that illustrate better than my description if anyone wants to see them - I will email them to you.
Margie Brown, NY zone 7

See what's free at AOL.com.

Recent Activity
Visit Your Group