HYB: celophane edge

  • Subject: HYB: celophane edge
  • From: christian foster <flatnflashy@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Thu, 1 May 2008 15:29:21 -0700 (PDT)

Hey gang,

My seedling finally deigned to open this afternoon.  It's nothing special in general.  Probably IB height, white ground yellow plic on falls, yellow with shadow plic on standards.  There's some diamond dusting, and possibly what y'all refer to as a gilt edge-but that could be the effect of looking toward a late after noon sun.

I put my finger behind the edge of the petals to try to see if it was or wasn't gilt, and instead noticed that the pigment doesn't quite reach all the way to the edge of the petal.

I'm sure that someone on this group mentioned they had a seedling like that last year, so I'll just add mine onto that discussion.  The cross is Bill Tyson's seedling 97-008-11 X Season Ticket imposter.

Check out the pics.

christian

image/pjpeg