Re: Re: HYB: 07H9 Bloomout

  • Subject: Re: Re: HYB: 07H9 Bloomout
  • From: "J. Griffin Crump" <jgcrump@cox.net>
  • Date: Fri, 2 May 2008 14:38:38 -0500

Mike  --  Actually, I haven't noticed many SDB or MDB bloomouts, but what I do see is many more blooms on single fans than with TBs.  The single fan just makes me antsy, particularly when so many of my first-year SDBs are sending up 5 or more stalks.  (I've counted as many as 9, but can't afford the time to count them all.)  I'll make a point of seeing whether this one puts out increase by the end of the season.

This is a strange season, with terrific bloom on first-year seedlings of all sizes, great increase on most of them, as well, but the TBS growing extremely tall with low bud count.

Also, I'm getting less than 50% germination overall, whereas I normally get near 70%.  It's probably a blessing, since space is chronically short here, but it also means that some crosses are giving less than 10%.

All of the above follows a year of extreme drought, then a mild winter with little moisture until just recently.  (The seed pots were kept watered, though.) --  Griff