Re: Re: The Aftermath

I can't bring myself to throw any of them away. They go to less used areas or to neighbors....
Ann Conway
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, May 02, 2008 3:59 PM
Subject: [iris-photos] Re: The Aftermath

--- In iris-photos@yahoogroups.com, "Donald Eaves" <donald@...> wrote:

Do you pull the rhizome that has bloomed? Or are those just the
seedlings that didn't make the cut? It's strange to see entire fans
when you say you are cleaning up spent bloomstalks.

Odd that you should post this picture. I was just musing the other
day about wood chipper-ed iris rhizomes. I was musing about a
biological sourch for pot ash- someone has speculated that my
property is deficient in pot ash. Of course you have to realise that
this was an idle wandering of the mind with no foothold in reality.

> Spent bloom stalks and discards. Not my favorite part of growing
> Donald Eaves
> donald@...
> Texas Zone 7b, USA

Checked by AVG.