Re: HYB: evaluating seedlings

  • Subject: Re: HYB: evaluating seedlings
  • From: Linda Mann <lmann@lock-net.com>
  • Date: Mon, 05 May 2008 13:54:48 -0400

Thanks for the concern, Anita, but this is part of my 'normal' breeding
selection program ;-) One of several reasons why I started pollen
daubing in the first place - those coastal selected genes generally
don't like it much here in 'the vale of despair'.

The seedling appears to be otherwise strong and a normal bud is
developing farther down the stalk, so at least I'll get to see if it has
any potential worth keeping for another year for possible use. Or to see
if it might rebloom.

I just posted it because Betty and I have been grumping offlist to each
other about the frustrations of maiden seedling bloom in this climate.
Thought I'd share with the rest of you <g>

<Linda saw al lot of freeze damage in New Mexico, It is so sad that it
has to happen with expected seedling

It is so hard to see potential

Hope for a better year next year

Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8