From: iris-photos@yahoogroups.com [mailto:iris-photos@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Donald Eaves
Sent: Monday, 5 May 2008 12:35 PM
To: iris-photos@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [iris-photos] SP: spuria clump

I actually did some mowing after the photo was taken. Probably wouldn't
make much difference since this is weedeating terrain. Spurias here are
planted in the crevices between rocks on the edge of the hill and left
alone. High on my wish list for things concerning iris would be that the
foliage didn't go dormant. I like the reedy look of the spurias when they
grow well. The foliage here is above 4' and I wish it would hang around
until fall. I think this is the old common white one. The source was
questionable and simply sold it as a species. It's always the first to
bloom, but the others are beginning and nearly all are loaded with buds.

Donald Eaves
Texas Zone 7b, USA

JPEG image

JPEG image