Re: Re: HYB: another IMM grandchild

  • Subject: Re: Re: HYB: another IMM grandchild
  • From: "Ann Conway" <amconway@telusplanet.net>
  • Date: Mon, 5 May 2008 17:31:25 -0600

This is where my "iris bias" comes into play : )
I prefer the older forms, pre-60's for the most part. I don't find it as pleasing if the falls tend toward "round" or if they touch (or close to it). Personal preference...I couldn't possibly judge an iris show! (Not that I think that they should be as long and narrow as they were in the 20's generally...)  On the plus side, if you mulch a lot of irises that look like this, I would gladly pay for the phytosanitary certificate and shipping to bring them to Canada!! Your ones that need work are my very nice irises!
Ann Conway