From: iris-photos@yahoogroups.com [mailto:iris-photos@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of orders at Sutton's
Sent: Wednesday, 7 May 2008 1:03 AM
To: iris-photos@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [iris-photos] Pastel question

My taste in flowers tends toward the bright, bold, flashy and interesting.  It is very difficult for me to walk through the seedling beds and actually see the softer tones, selfs or yellows.  When they are brought out of the seedling beds they usually are very nice but something that might have been passed up if I didn't force myself to double walk the beds.  Attached is a nice pastel SA out of Bride's Blush X ((Abiding Joy x Fogbound) X Social Blush), 11 buds, 38" tall, great vigor.  To me it is very pretty and elegant however I completely missed it's maiden and second year bloom, this is it's third bloom season and fortunately we caught it because it would have been destroyed if not seen this year.  Does anyone else have this same problem and was wondering how many folks on the list prefer the lighter shades or pastel colors in iris?

Mike Sutton

JPEG image

JPEG image