Re: HYB: Iris tectorum

  • Subject: Re: HYB: Iris tectorum
  • From: thomas silvers <tesilvers@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Wed, 7 May 2008 04:21:57 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Gareth,
Thanks! And you betcha! I sure do plan on intercrosses
among these improved tectorum seedlings. I think
there's still a lot more potential for change, in this
species.
I'm also probably going to try to use these guys when
I try more bearded X tectorum crosses. I've been
working at bearded X tectorum crosses for more than a
few years now, and only have three hybrids to show for
it.
Actually, the third hybrid just opened it's first-ever
bloom yesterday evening, so I'll post pictures of it
next.
Thanks again for your compliment and interest.
Best wishes, Tom
Gareth wrote:
Hi Thomas

Those are wonderful seedlings. Are you going to keep
crossing among them?

Gareth Winter
New Zealand