HYB: my newest bearded x tectorum seedling

  • Subject: HYB: my newest bearded x tectorum seedling
  • From: thomas silvers <tesilvers@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Wed, 7 May 2008 04:37:43 -0700 (PDT)

I've been waiting patiently (for a couple of years)
for this seedling to bloom - all the while trying not
to get my hopes up too much. Yesterday evening it
started to open and I got my confirmation that IT IS
half Iris tectorum -- it has the tell-tale beard
turning into a crest on the falls. By morning it had
opened up more fully and showed the second trait
typical of these hybrids -- the flared wide open
standards. And if I needed any more confirmation, the
anthers are shriveled and empty (sterile).

This one is:

('Kupari' x Iris cengialtii) X Iris tectorum

Be a better friend, newshound, and