Re: [SPAM]Re: PhotoTB: Big Melt - Burseen 1991 - (White)

  • Subject: Re: [SPAM]Re: PhotoTB: Big Melt - Burseen 1991 - (White)
  • From: "Linda Smith" <irisgrower@cableone.net>
  • Date: Fri, 9 May 2008 18:13:37 -0700

I went back out to look more seriously as Mesmerizer is blooming right next to it and Lark Ascending just down a bit.  I think the reason I was so shocked that Big Melt stood out so, is it's dab of faint violet under neath it's bright beard.  It really shows off the beard.  On some falls the violet extends on down the fall to really bring attention to the beard.
The Standards and Falls are more proportional also in Big Melt and the standards are not as tight. But yes, they both are pretty.
For me, Big Melt has more blooms per stalk than Mesmerizer. But Mesmerizer was only moved there in Aug.07. Big Melt had been in place since March 07.
I bought it potted, so it could have had a head start.
Thanks for your quick response.
Linda in CW AZ