Re: ID: not Striped Red Neglecta

  • Subject: Re: ID: not Striped Red Neglecta
  • From: Kent Appleberry <appleb@cut.net>
  • Date: Sat, 10 May 2008 19:42:10 -0700 (PDT)

Here's what appears to be an authoritative photo (just guessing from the name of the owner):

http://daylilyhavenirisgardens.com/irises/tall_bearded_iris_S/fullimages/Striped_Red_Neglecta.jpg

Looks just like yours.  I've noticed in other cases that Morgan's descriptions don't match very closely what I think I see; they seem optimistically goal oriented.  Pretty iris, though.

Kent
Sanpete County, Utah
still no bloom stalks in sight, but the Utah Iris Society's first show is in one week, I believe ...

christian foster wrote:

Hey Iris Peeps,

This bright beauty opened in my beds this morning.  I don't think she fits the description of Striped Red Neglecta (Morgan 90) S. lime; F. Red with full length stripe, lime rim: beards yellow.

Does anyone know?  Maybe she is, maybe she isn't

Christian