photo: stolpum seedling: Crouching Tiger X I. stolonifera

  • Subject: photo: stolpum seedling: Crouching Tiger X I. stolonifera
  • From: Elmsterj@aol.com
  • Date: Tue, 13 May 2008 23:57:56 EDT

Usually, I try to use stolonifera as the pod parent with pumilas; however, that cross did not take.  The opposite cross of the pumila as pod parent did take.  The first seedling to bloom resembles the pumila and has no aril characteristics.  Perhaps an insect fertilized it before I was able to get stolonifera pollen on the blossom.