RE: Expressions photo needed - tonight if possible

  • Subject: RE: Expressions photo needed - tonight if possible
  • From: "KatMiniMaker" <katminimaker@bellsouth.net>
  • Date: Wed, 14 May 2008 01:15:08 -0500

Thanks so much for the quick reply with the link.  Clearly the white one in the clump isn’t Expressions.  I am going to say the purple is Expressions in spite of the color differences in my monitor and the actual bloom.  I keep hoping this 13 year old monitor will bite the dust, but no luck.  I can set something with known RBG values and it still not look right when compared to the actual item.

When it get back from a 2 day trip, I will get photos of the white specimen and play the iris version of,  “Who am I?”  Maybe someone can give me a lead on that identity.

After further discussion, we believe the problem came from a show and sale we got some iris from.  Its one thing to misname the cultivar right for the average person wanting a certain color for their landscaping.  It is entirely different when a hybridizer is looking for it to have a specific cultivar for showing or crossing.

Thanks again,

Kathy