Re: Does anyone recognize this neglecta?

  • Subject: Re: Does anyone recognize this neglecta?
  • From: "Iris" <iris@syix.com>
  • Date: Wed, 14 May 2008 10:58:16 -0700

Hi Linda,

I'm sorry, I was too tired last night to respond to your picture but I don't think that it is Jazz Festival.  JF has alot of substance, almost like wax. Yours looks like an older iris to me. Compare to Latin Lilt or Latin Lover.  Jazz Festival also is a very large flower and more ruffled.  Do you have some older catalogs?  I am going to look through some older catalogs for you and see if I happen to notice something.  It is my opinion that it is better to have an iris that does not a name then to give it a wrong name and share it with others.  I am not suggesting that you would do that but I did know a grower(who is not selling at this time) that did.  He also sold iris as something that it was not if he had sold out of a variety.  Right is right and that jeopardize the integrity of our business.  Remember that I said that was just my opinion

I hope your day is a wonderful one!
Bonnie/Perozzi's Iris Farm