Re: photo: historic AB: Bali Agha

  • Subject: Re: photo: historic AB: Bali Agha
  • From: Vicki <jvickic@comcast.net>
  • Date: Wed, 14 May 2008 16:40:32 -0700

There was a gentleman by the name of Bushy who lived in the Redding area, as I recall, back in the 60's.
He grew and hybridized Onco's and Regelia's on his small hillside garden. We were privileged to visit him and it was our introduction to these 'exotic' iris. Unfortunately, we have spent the ensuing years in areas that were unfit for these iris. I love seeing their 'prodigy' and just wish we could grow them in western Oregon.  Hybrid's, (arils), are successfully grown here, but not the true species unless one provides the special conditions they require.
Keep sending us photos!