Re: HYB: Newest "red" sib

  • Subject: Re: HYB: Newest "red" sib
  • From: "flatnflashy" <flatnflashy@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Thu, 15 May 2008 00:19:08 -0000

--- In iris-photos@yahoogroups.com, "Ann Conway" <amconway@...> wrote:
I think the color shows up better in the picture than in real life.
The blooms are quite small, but I suspect the stalks are tall enough
for TB, barely. I'm still new so I don't have a feel for that yet...

Beards?...that reminds me... that one beard looks funny in the
pic...like they might be wide-or double...can't tell more without
taking a walk. But since you have me looking at it now... there are
some markings on the inside of the standards that might be...
intriguing.

christian
> That new sib is really nice as well-that orangy gold is a great
color. I remember that "sunny yellow" from before -admired it at the
time.... The purple has really nice colors as well-that beard is
really something. What a productive cross!
> Ann Conway

sib to the "red" from yesterday. The red for it's part got much
darker in the cool cloudy today.

> I'm going to try to cut and paste in links from the other
sibs I have posted, since not all are blooming right now. Hope this
works.

> http://www.hort.net/lists/highlight.cgi?
bits=3&search=christian&URL="">photos/jul07/msg00241.html#marker

> http://www.hort.net/lists/highlight.cgi?
bits=3&search=christian&URL="">photos/jul07/msg00240.html#marker

> Hmm, I thought I had posted all of them... that's the two
from last year.... o O (math makes my head hurt....) the red... this
yellow...stalks showing color on two more...oh, I don't have a good
picture yet of the tawny orange that opened in the wind...

> There's a seedling who lost it's label that is almost
positively a sibling to either this cross or the other cross
resulting from 03-009-02 pollen... I'll post that next.