New seedling

  • Subject: New seedling
  • From: "Linda Hunt" <nakihee@gmail.com>
  • Date: Thu, 15 May 2008 09:24:06 -0500

Question to all you wonderful hybridizers out there!
I have been working on trying to hybridize a deep purple iris with an orange beard and halves for a number of years.  A new one opened during the night that is finally headed in the right direction.  Not as full as I would like the flower shape to be, but worth working with I think. It got beat up by the rain last night and is showing some signs of that, so I need to work on better substance with it also.

 Any suggestions on what you would cross this with to get cleaner purple color and maintain the orange beads and halves.  I would love to have richer orange on the halves also.

Thanks for any suggestions in advance :)
Linda in Lascassas

JPEG image