Areas of Country for growing Iris

  • Subject: Areas of Country for growing Iris
  • From: bdavis3738@aol.com
  • Date: Thu, 15 May 2008 18:03:33 EDT

I have a question for anyone in the group who has experience with this.  Does anyone know if TB's will grow as far south as Ocala Florida area and if so do the colors seem to be effected but the climate?

I appreciate any input possible.

Thanks in advance!  We are still anxiously awaiting the blooming of the TB's around the Champaign Illinois area.  It's going to get down to 45 tonight so I don't expect too many to pop open tonight.  It will warm up eventually I suppose. The bloom looks like it is going to be great when it does finally happen.

Brian Davis
Champaign, Illinois