Re: Marking Culls

"
I will have to start marking the culls like Mike is doing.  Had always marked the ones I wanted to keep (and still will- just with a different color)  One problem when it hits peak is trying to find the new ones through all of the others I have already seen.  Marking the culls with the bright tape will make it fast work.  Thanks for posting Mike!

Robin Shadlow
zone 5 NE

may take more than one roll  :  )"

As soon as my culls are done blooming I dig them. Space is at a premium here. One goes so another can take it's place. The ones I save get a label with seedling number. I have to decide when they first bloom to save or not. Those left that do not bloom get another year. I do not hybridize for rebloom on TB's only SDBs.
I do have a big problem bending over but don't wish to have paint polluting the garden. Tying the tape is quick.

Mike Greenfield